OTC Medication Information: Acid Reducer
ACID REDUCER — omeprazole magnesium tablet, delayed release
Tips for Managing Heartburn
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Omeprazole delayed-release tablet 20 mg (equivalent to 20.6 mg omeprazole magnesium USP)
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
• Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole.
• Omeprazole may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may Include:
• skin reddening • blisters • rash
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right way.
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug.
Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- for adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 tablet a day
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- swallow whole. Do not chew or crush tablets.
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20º to 25ºC (68º to 77º F) and protect from moisture
crospovidone, glyceryl monostearate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer dispersion, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, red iron oxide, silicified microcrystalline cellulose, sodium hydroxide, sodium stearyl fumarate, sugar spheres [which contains liquid glucose, starch (maize) and sucrose], talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate and yellow iron oxide.
DISTRIBUTED BY THE KROGER CO.
CINCINNATI, OHIO 45202
MADE IN INDIA
PACKAGE LABEL-PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL — 20 mg (14 Tablet Carton Bottle)
COMPARE TO the active ingredient in PRILOSE OTC®*
*See side panel
SEE CURRENT DRUG FACTS NDC 30142-077-05
Tablets 20 mg
One 14-Day Course of Treatment May Take 1 to 4 Days for Full Effect
|ACID REDUCER omeprazole tablet, delayed release|
|Labeler — KROGER COMPANY (006999528)|
|Registrant — Aurohealth LLC (078728447)|
|Aurobindo Pharma Limited||650381903||ANALYSIS (30142-077), MANUFACTURE (30142-077)|
Revised: 03/2023 KROGER COMPANY
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.