ANACIN- aspirin and caffeine tablet
Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
ANACIN- asprin and caffeine tablet Insight Pharmaceuticals
Aspirin (NSAID)* 400 mg
Caffeine 32 mg
* nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drug
Pain reliever aid
temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to
- muscular aches
- a cold
- menstrual cramps
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinner (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
you are taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- feel faint
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- redness or swelling is present
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning )
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 tablets every 6 hours; not more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
Keep carton fo r full drug facts and warnings.
Store at 15 – 25°C (59– 77°F). Protect from moisture.
corn starch, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate
Aspirin (NSAID) Pain Reliever / Caffeine Pain Reliever Aid
100 COATED TABLETS
|ANACIN asprin and caffeine tablet|
|Labeler — Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC (055665422)|
Revised: 07/2020 Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.