ANACIN ES- aspirin and caffeine tablet, coated
Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Aspirin (NSAID)1 500 mg
Caffeine 32 mg
nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever aid
temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- a cold
- muscular aches
- menstrual cramps
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning
This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinner (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- bleeding problems
- stomach problems that last or come back, such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain
- high blood pressure
- heart or kidney disease
- taken a diuretic
- reached age 60 or older
- taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- taking a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- you feel faint, vomit blood, or have bloody or black stools. These are signs of stomach bleeding.
- stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 tablets every 6 hours; not more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
Keep carton for full drug facts. Read all warnings and directions before use. Store at 20° − 25°C (68° − 77°F). Protect from moisture.
corn starch, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate
Distr. by: INSIGHT Pharmaceuticals Corp.
Langhorne, PA 19047-1749
Call 1-800-344-7239 or visit our website at www.anacin.com
- 75 Tablet Bottle Carton
Do Not Use if seal under bottle cap imprinted with “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” is broken or missing.
ASPIRIN + CAFFEINE = FAST PAIN RELIEF
Pain Reliever (NSAID) + Pain Reliever Aid
SEE NEW WARNINGS INFORMATION
|ANACIN ES aspirin and caffeine tablet, coated|
|Labeler — Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC (055665422)|
Revised: 07/2020 Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.