OTC Medication Information: Childrens Allergy Relief
CHILDRENS ALLERGY RELIEF- diphenhydramine hydrochloride tablet, chewable
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each chewable tablet)
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- to make a child sleepy
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- excitability may occur, especially in children
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- find right dose on chart below
- chew or crush tablets completely before swallowing; do not swallow tablets whole
- take every 4 to 6 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- do not take more than 6 times in 24 hours
|Age (yr)||Dose (chewable tablets)|
|children under 2 years||do not use|
|children 2 to 5 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|children 6 to 11 years||1 to 2 chewable tablets (12.5 mg to 25 mg)|
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 to 4 chewable tablets (25 mg to 50 mg)|
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid high humidity
dextrates hydrated, ethylcellulose, flavor, hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, mannitol, stearic acid, sucralose, sucrose
Questions or comments?
Principal display panel
Compare to the active ingredient in
Children’s Benadryl® Chewables††
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED†
DIPHENHYDRAMINE HCl, 12.5 mg /
CHEWABLE TABLETS / ANTIHISTAMINE
Dye Free 4-6 Hour Dose
• Relieves itchy or runny nose,
sneezing, itchy throat &
itchy, watery eyes
CHEW OR CRUSH TABLETS COMPLETELY BEFORE SWALLOWING.
DO NOT SWALLOW TABLETS WHOLE.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER
UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
† Our pharmacists recommend the
Walgreens brand. We invite you to
compare to national brands.
†† This product is not manufactured or
distributed by Johnson & Johnson
Corporation, owner of the
registered trademark Children’s
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
walgreens.com©2021 Walgreen Co.
|CHILDRENS ALLERGY RELIEF diphenhydramine hcl tablet, chewable|
|Labeler — Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||manufacture (0363-4808), pack (0363-4808)|
|LNK International, Inc.||117025878||manufacture (0363-4808)|
Revised: 05/2023 Walgreen Company
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.