OTC Medication Information: DOCUSATE SODIUM
DOCUSATE SODIUM- docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each softgel)
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- this product generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours
Do not use
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding ot no bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- yo need to use a stool softener laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding ,ask a health professional before use
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.1(800)222-1222
Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
Adults and children 12 years and over : take 1-3 softgels daily.
Children 2 to under 12 years of age : take 1 softgel daily.
Children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
- Store at 25°C (77°F), excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- Keep tightly closed.
gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol-400, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol solution, titanium dioxide.
Questions or comments?
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
Compare to the active ingredient of Colace®*
STOOL SOFTENER CLEAR
DOCUSATE SODIUM 100 mg
* This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products L.P., owner of the registered trademark Colace.
| DOCUSATE SODIUM |
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler — Dolgencorp, Inc. (068331990)|
Revised: 11/2022 Dolgencorp, Inc.
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.