FLU AND SEVERE COLD DAYTIME RELIEF- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold
- minor aches and pains
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may inclide:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 doses (12 tablespoons or 180 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with a fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- mL= milliliter
- keep dosing cup with product
- adults and children 12 years and over
- 30 mL every 4 hours
- chlldren under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 30 mL contains: sodium 16 mg
- store at 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
acesulfame potassium, alcohol, citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, maltito, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Flu & Severe Cold
Pain reliever, fever reducer
Nasal congestion; cough; fever; body ache; sore throat; headache
Alcohol Content: 10%
For ages 12 & over
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Failure to follow the drug facts warnings could result in serious consequences.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., distributor of Theraflu® Daytime Severe Cold & cough.
CVS Flu & Severe Cold Liquid
| FLU AND SEVERE COLD
DAYTIME RELIEF |
acetaminohpen, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler — CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
Revised: 10/2019 CVS Pharmacy
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.