OTC Medication Information: Laxative
LAXATIVE- bisacodyl tablet, delayed release
GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
- for relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
Do not use
if you cannot swallow without chewing.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
When using this product
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- you may have stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- take with a glass of water
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1 to 3 tablets in a single daily dose|
|children 6 to under 12 years||take 1 tablet in a single daily dose|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid excessive humidity
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
acacia, ammonium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, colloidal anhydrous silica, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, iron oxide black, lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac glaze, simethicone, sodium alginate, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Questions or comments?
Principal display panel
COMPARE TO ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN
DULCOLAX® LAXATIVE TABLETS*
• Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
Gentle, Dependable, Constipation Relief
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS
OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN
OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed
by Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GMBH, owner of the
registered trademark Dulcolax® Laxative Tablets.
GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC.
500 VOLVO PARKWAY
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
| LAXATIVE |
bisacodyl tablet, delayed release
|Labeler — GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC. (610322518)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||manufacture (33992-0327), pack (33992-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||manufacture (33992-0327), pack (33992-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||manufacture (33992-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||pack (33992-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||117025878||manufacture (33992-0327)|
Revised: 04/2023 GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.