PREVANTICS MAXI SWABSTICK- chlorhexidine gluconate and isopropyl alcohol solution
Professional Disposables International, Inc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 3.15% w/v
Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
for the preparation of the patient’s skin prior to surgery or injection
- For external use only
- Flammable, keep away from fire or flame
- Do not use with electrocautery procedures
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- on patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- for lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
- under occlusive patch
keep out of eyes, ears, mouth and mucous membranes. May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain.
If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- maximum treatment area for one maxi swabstick is approximately: dry site: 7 by 7 inches (18 by 18 cm) or moist site: 3 by 7.5 inches (7.5 by 19 cm)
- open the pouch to expose the swabstick
- remove swabstick from package. Do not touch the foam tip.
- prior to surgery or injection, apply one flat side of foam tip to the proposed skin site and prep the skin in vigorous back-and-forth repeated strokes , turning the swabstick over (unused side of the foam tip) hlf way in the procedure
- dry site: scrub repeatedly back and forth for 15 seconds with each side of the applicator for a total of 30 seconds. Allow to air dry for approximately 30 seconds.
- moist site: scrub repeatedly back and forth for 1 minute with each side of the applicator for a total of 2 minutes. Allow to air dry for approximately 1.5 minutes.
- do not blot or wipe dry
- discard after a single use
- store between 68-77°F (20-25°C)
- avoid freezing and excessive heat above 104°F (40°C)
- for hospital and professional use only
USP purified water
Prevantics(R) Maxi Swabstick
[Chlorhexidine Gluconate (3.15%)
and Isopropyl Alcohol (70%) Swab]
Patient preoperative skin preparation
- For external use only
- Single step, broad spectrum, persistent antiseptic that significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on intact skin
- Use for the preparation of the patient’s skin prior to surgery or injection
- Helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection
- Latex free
- For hospital and professional use only
IMPORTANT: See carton for complete Drug Facts and safety information.
| PREVANTICS MAXI SWABSTICK |
chlorhexidine gluconate and isopropyl alcohol solution
|Labeler — Professional Disposables International, Inc. (800777117)|
|Professional Disposables International, Inc.||800777117||manufacture (10819-4076)|
Revised: 10/2019 Professional Disposables International, Inc.
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.