SENNA- sennosides capsule, gelatin coated
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each softgel) Purpose
Sennosides 8.6 mg……………………………………………………..Laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 6-12 hours
- laxative products for longer than 1 week, unless directed by a doctor
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These may indicate a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take preferably at bedtime or as directed by a doctor
|Age||Starting Dosage||Maximum Dosage|
|adults and children 12 years of age or older||2 softgels once a day||4 softgels twice a day|
|children 6 to under 12 years||1 softgel once a day||2 softgels twice a day|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor||ask a doctor|
- each softgel contains: calcium 1 mg and sodim less than 1 mg
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
Aerosil, beeswax, FD&C Red No. 33, FD&C Yellow No.6, gelatin, glycerin, light liquid paraffin, purified water, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, sorbitol solution, soya lecithin, titanium dioxide
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
♥CVS Health ™
Compare to the active
ingredient in Senokot ® *
Liquid Filled Softgels†
SENNOSIDES, 8.6 mg
Standardized senna concentrate
Actual Product Size
on Bottom Panel
| SENNA |
sennosides capsule, gelatin coated
|Labeler — CVS (062312574)|
|Registrant — Spirit Pharmaceuticals LLC (179621011)|
|MEDGEL PRIVATE LTD||677385498||manufacture (69842-320)|
Revised: 12/2019 CVS
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.