SURFAK STOOL SOFTENER- docusate calcium capsule, gelatin coated
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each softgel )
Docusate calcium 240 mg
Stool softener laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces a bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- when stomach pain, nausea or vomiting are present unless directed by a doctor
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
if you are presently taking mineral oil
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years of age or over: one softgel daily
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- protect from heat, humidity and light
blue 1, corn oil, gelatin, glycerin, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, propylene glycol, red 40, sorbitol, titanium dioxide (245-198)
Formerly Kaopectate® Stool Softener
Surfak® Stool Softener original formula
10 SoftGels 240 mg docusate calcium per softgel
| SURFAK STOOL SOFTENER |
docusate calcium capsule, gelatin coated
|Labeler — Chattem, Inc. (003336013)|
Revised: 01/2018 Chattem, Inc.
Our database comes directly from the FDA’s central repository of drug labels and package inserts under the Structured Product Labeling standard. OTCLabels.com provides the full over the counter products subset of the FDA’s repository. Medication information provided here is not intended as a substitute for direct consultation with a qualified health professional.